Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Great Grandmother's Soup

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Great Grandmother's Soup Empty Great Grandmother's Soup

Post by pstarkoski Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:32 am

From: Great Grandmother's Soup Cool_global_nickGreat Grandmother's Soup CTexas_Dawn5 (Original Message)Sent: 1/19/2005 1:39 AM
    Great Grandmother's Soup

This is my family's favorite soup recipe. It NEVER turns out the same way twice. They call it Great Grandmother's Soup (it was her recipe she passed to me)
    First everytime you peel an onion, peel potatos, cut any vegetable take the part you would normally throw away and put it in a gallon size zip lock bag and stick it in the freezer. Once that bag is full you are ready to go.

Take ziplock bag and empty into a large pot. Fill with water. Boil until mush. Strain out mush, saving soup base. Throw out mush. Now with base in pot, clean out the fridge... any left over that will be good in soup add away! I sometimes add a pound of stew meat too and/or a can of stewed tomatoes. It is never the same twice but it is always good! Only once in the hundreds of times of making it need I need to add salt. IF you have left overs, it freezes well too.
    dnemain

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am