Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Avocado PIe

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Avocado PIe Empty Avocado PIe

Post by pstarkoski Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:48 am

From: Avocado PIe Cool_global_nickAvocado PIe CCmforever (Original Message)Sent: 9/17/2004 6:18 PM
    I remembered seeing this pie before but must have been too tired because I didn't see the possibilites in it. If you just replace all of the other spices with one Teaspoon of Nutmeg I bet it would be close to the one I saw previously our local newspaper.

The Homeplace
    Bed and Breakfast Inn

Stuart, Florida

Specialty Recipe

Avocado Pie

Avocado PIe Rollingpin

Avocado PIe Cook

Internet Cookbook Thousands of recipes from Innkeepers, Chefs and Culinary Professionals.Avocado PIe Bbhouse

National Lodging Directory Bed & Breakfast, Country Inns, & Small Hotels

Avocado PIe House

Vacation Rentals ...condos, cabins, beach homes and luxury estates.
    Mother and dad had several fruit trees planted in our yard at "Homeplace". Mother tried to make good use of various fruits, including the avocado. Dad didn't care for some of the fruit recipes, but thought this one "was a winner!" This, of course, made her happy. (Don't know if this was her original recipe or not). She was good at making her own recipes. Mother and Dad brought these trees (avocado) from Cuba. ..... Edie Matthews Sadler

Ingredients
    1 large cup avocado pulp
    1 cup sugar
    1 can evaporated milk (can use condensed milk instead)
    2 eggs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon cloves
    1/2 teaspoon ginger
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 Tablespoons (heaping) cornstarch
    Mix all ingredients. Bake in 9-inch pie dish at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Use a graham cracker crust or make your favorite pie crust.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 am