Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Sausage Potato Salad (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Sausage Potato Salad (TNT) Empty Sausage Potato Salad (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed May 27, 2009 7:56 am

Hi...
    I made this for dinner last night and it was a big hit with my hubby!! He had to go back for more!
    I doubled the recipe (except I used just a little over a pound of potatoes, not a whole 2 lbs). .. because I served this as our main dish. I used the whole package of polish sausage which is 1 lb.

hugs,
    peg

Sausage Potato Salad

1 pound small red potatoes
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons honey mustard
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
    1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 pound smoked turkey sausage, halved and sliced
    1 small onion, chopped

Scrub potatoes; place in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
    Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. For dressing, in
    a small bowl, combine the oil, honey mustard, vinegar and seasonings. Set aside.
    In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage
    until heated through. Drain potatoes; cool slightly. Cut into 1/4-in. slices
    and place in a bowl. Add the onion, sausage and dressing; toss to coat. Serve
    warm or chilled.

Yield: 5 servings.

Recipe Source: Healthy Cooking (Taste of Home), April-May, 2009, submitted by Ginette Starshak, Decatur, Il.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Sausage-Potato-Salad-2

Peg’s Note: We had this as our main course so I doubled the recipe (I still only used about one pound of potatoes) but used both pieces of polish sausage that comes in a package. This recipe says it serves 5, but after doubling the recipe we only had a little leftover! Shawn went back for seconds. It would probably serve 5 if you just use it as a side dish.

Sausage Potato Salad (TNT) Exps24033_THHC1442844D50B

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm