Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Cranberry Couscous (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Cranberry Couscous (TNT) Empty Cranberry Couscous (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:55 am

Hi...
    I made this last week as a side dish with Canton Crispy Chicken Stir Fry. I just love couscous---it just seems "fun" to eat. I can't really explain it, but I think it is so good even though it doesn't really have a lot of taste. I just know it's good for you!
    "Although couscous looks like a grain, it is a form of pasta made by steaming and drying cracked wheat."

Cranberry Couscous

Although it looks like a grain, couscous is a form of pasta made by steaming and drying cracked wheat.

SERVINGS: 6

CATEGORY: Side Dish

METHOD:

TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.

Ingredients:

• 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
    • 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
    • 3 tablespoons chopped green onions

Directions:

In a large saucepan, bring broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cranberries and onions. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts

One serving: ¾ cup:

Calories: 202; Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 295mg; Carbohydrate: 39g; Fiber: 2g; Protein:7g

Recipe Source: Taste of Home (Weeknight Cooking Made Easy)

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Cranberry-Couscous
    Cranberry Couscous (TNT) Exps24692_WNC62337D258

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 pm