Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Yo-yo Angel directions

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Yo-yo Angel directions Empty Yo-yo Angel directions

Post by pstarkoski Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi....
    Here is how I made these angels....

First of all...here is a site that tells you how to make fabric yo-yos:
    http://sewing.about.com/od/embellishment/ss/basicyoyo.htm

1.For these angels, I made two 2" yo-yos, two 3" yo-yos and two 4" yo-yos.

2. I hot glued the yo-yos together...from bottom up: one 2", one 3", one 4", one 4", one 3", and one 2" on top.

3. I used 20mm wooden beads for the head....you can either get already painted heads or I used plain wooden beads, painted them flesh color and then just added the face with a sharpie markers.

4.Before attaching the head to the body, I glued on the hair and added the halo
    Halo: I used "string of pearls" to make the halo (string of pearls are pearl type beads that come in one piece and you just cut off how ever much you want to use and then formed it into a circle and glued together).....you could also use a gold chenille stem and form into a circle or whatever else you can find!

5. I attached gold metallic thread to the halo (for the hanger) and then glued that on the whole head assembly.

6. Glue the head to the top of the body.

7. I had some holly leaves from other projects and used them for the angel wings on the back...just glue them on or whatever else works for wings.

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, Starkoski Peg wrote:

Subject: Yo-yo Christmas angel ornaments
    To: pstarkoski@yahoo.com
    Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 4:05 PM

Hi...
    I just finished making these angel ornaments for my Mistletoe Marketplace...so I thought I would share some pictures! ...... it's almost time for "Christmas in July"!!...and Christmas is only about 6 months away so you had all better get busy!!
    hugs,
    peg

Yo-yo Angel directions Th_yoyoangels
    https://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/pstarkoski/crafts%202008/?action=view¤t=yoyoangels.jpg

Yo-yo Angel directions Th_yoyoangels2
    https://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/pstarkoski/crafts%202008/?action=view¤t=yoyoangels2.jpg

Yo-yo Angel directions Empty Re: Yo-yo Angel directions

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Fantastic as usual peg. Thanks for sharing looks like something I can manage with my oldest grand daughter.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Thank you Peg those are so cute.
    Beckie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 pm