Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Country Fried Green Tomatoes (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Country Fried Green Tomatoes (TNT) Empty Country Fried Green Tomatoes (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi...
    I made these last night and they were terrific! I have only tried making fried green tomatoes once and wasn't that impressed with it, but this recipe was great and so easy! Since there were only the two of us, I just used one large green tomato and that was just enough.
    Enjoy.
    hugs,
    peg

Country Fried Green Tomatoes

6 medium green tomatoes, sliced
    1 tbsp sugar
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 cup butter
    Sprinkle the tomatoes with the sugar. Let stand for about 15 minutes. Combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat the tomato slices. Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a skillet. Brown the tomatoes slowly on both sides. Remove each batch to a warm platter. Continue cooking until all tomato slices are cooked. Add more butter if needed. For crisp slices, serve as is. Or add 1/2 cup light cream or dairy half-and-half to the skillet. Heat, stirring into the drippings, and pour over the tomatoes. Makes 6 servings

Melissa
    Recipe Source: Farm Journal Country Cookbook

Recipe source: Cooking with Terry yahoo group, submitted by Melissa Kimball

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 pm