Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Turkey Medallions (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Turkey Medallions (TNT) Empty Turkey Medallions (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi....
    This recipe is one of our very old favorites! When my boys were little they really loved these....I remember once when Scott was maybe about 5 years old that he loved these so much he snuck some of the leftovers and hid them in his bed so he could have some later! He is now almost 25 years old so that tells you how old this recipe is!! I texted Scott on his phone yesterday and told him I saved some turkey medallions for him to take to bed with him! He got a kick out of that!!!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Turkey Medallions

1 lb. ground turkey
    1/4 cup bread crumbs
    1/2 tsp. fennel seed (optional)
    1/2 tsp. ground sage
    1/2 tsp. ground allspice
    1 egg
    salt
    1/2 cup water
    1 TBSP cooking or white wine
    1 TBSP butter or margarine

In large bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, fennel, sage, allspice, egg and salt. With well floured hands, shape turkey mixture into small meatballs. With palm of hands, flatten balls into 1/4" thick patties.
    In skillet over medium high heat in hot oil, cook turkey patties a few at a time until turkey loses its pink color and is throughly browned on both sides. Repeat with rest of patties and place on plate when browned.
    Into drippings remaining in skillet, over medium low heat, stir in water, wine, butter and 1/4 tsp. salt, stirring to loosen brown bits in skillet.
    Spoon turkey medallions into a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with pan drippings. Cover with lid or foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm