Magic Mint Chocolate Bark (TNT)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magic Mint Chocolate Bark (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:41 am

Hi...
Nestle's has a new chocolate chip morsels this Christmas season and I tried this recipe using the Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels....it is delicious!! I toasted my nuts, but they got a little too done...next time I would either not use the nuts at all or just use them without toasing them.
Enjoy!
hugs,
peg

Magic Mint Chocolate Bark

Estimated Times:
Preparation - 5 min | Cooking - 2 min | Cooling Time - 1 hrs refrigerating | Yields - 9 servings or 3/4 lb.

What a refreshing way to enjoy the decadent duo of mint and chocolate. Swirling dizzying designs adds some artistic flair, and fun, to this unforgettable treat.
Source:

Ingredients:

• 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels
  • 1/3 cup coarsely chopped oven roasted or toasted almonds

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Line small baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.

POUR morsels onto prepared baking sheet. Arrange morsels so they are touching each other in a single layer (roughly an 11 x 9-inch rectangle).

BAKE for 1 to 3 minutes or until morsels are shiny. Remove from oven to wire rack. With tip of butter knife or wooden pick, immediately swirl morsels to create a swirled pattern.

SPRINKLE with nuts. Hold baking sheet 3 inches above counter and drop to settle nuts into melted morsels. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

VARIATION: Substitute broken pretzel pieces or another nut of choice for the almonds.

Recipe source:
[url=http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/Print.aspx?ID=143921]http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/Print.aspx?ID=143921[/url]

pstarkoski
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 12206
Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top