This is a really good dish...and quick and easy to make!
Chicken and Sausage
1 Tbs. olive oil
4 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
1/2 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed, crumbled
1 medium green pepper, cut in 2" strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
1 can tomato soup
8 oz. tomato sauce
1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. water
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the
chicken and cook until browned.
2. Remove the chicken; set aside. Reduce the heat to medium.
3. In the same skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, and garlic,
stirring, until the sausage is browned and the pepper is tender.
4. Spoon off the fat. Stir in the soup, water, tomato sauce, and
5. Heat to boiling and return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the
heat to low.
6. Cover; cook for 6-7 minutes more, or until the chicken is no longer
pink, stirring occasionally.
7. Mix the 1 Tbs. cornstarch with the 2 Tbs. of water.
8. Stir into the sauce and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the
10. Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice.
Note: Sauce freezes well.
This is an easy recipe. I used 6 chicken breast halves and 1 lb. bulk
Italian sausage and it worked out just fine. I served it with rice.
It reminded me slightly of an Asian dish. It was very good.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker-Pillsburys Yesterdays Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Tracy Rhodes.
Number of posts : 12222
Age : 70
Location : Boynton Beach, florida
Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
Registration date : 2008-12-13
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum