Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Chicken Shepherd's Pie (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Chicken Shepherd's Pie (TNT) Empty Chicken Shepherd's Pie (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 am

Hi...
    I made this for dinner last night and it was really yummy! I didn't use the instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I just made real mashed potatoes (too much sodium in those mixes...and I didn't really want the garlic flavor)....but that is up to you. I did find that the sauce was a little thin, so you may want to add a little more flour to thicken it up more...but still yummy (the sauce was more like a gravy).
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Chicken Shepherd's Pie
    Warm up your family with this easy mashed-potato-topped casserole
    featuring tender chicken, sweet corn and sugar snap peas in a homemade
    cheese sauce.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each), cubed
    4 Tbs. butter, divided
    3.6 oz. pouch roasted garlic mashed potatoes
    3 Tbs. flour
    2-1/4 cups milk
    1 tsp. rubbed sage
    1 tsp. dried thyme
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
    1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and chopped
    1/2 cup frozen corn

1. In a small skillet, cook chicken in 1 Tbs. butter until no longer
    pink; set aside and keep warm. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions.
    2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2
    minutes or thickened.
    3. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3/4 cup Swiss cheese until melted. Add peas, corn and chicken. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dished coated with cooking spray. Top with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
    4. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
    Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.

Recipe source: All Betty Crocker-Pillsbury’s Yesterdays Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Tracy Rhodes.

PEG’S NOTES:
    I didn't use the instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I just made real mashed potatoes (too much sodium in those mixes...and I didn't really want the garlic flavor)....but that is up to you. I did find that the sauce was a little thin, so you may want to add a little more flour to thicken it up more...but still yummy (the sauce was more like a gravy).

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am