Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Ginger Curry Chicken with Lentils and Leeks (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Ginger Curry Chicken with Lentils and Leeks (TNT) Empty Ginger Curry Chicken with Lentils and Leeks (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:19 am

Hi....
    We had this for dinner last night and it was delicious! The only thing that I changed is that I used fresh spinach instead of baby bok choy....but only because I had the spinach on hand. I am sure the bok choy would be wonderful too!
    Enjoy,
    hugs,
    peg

Ginger Curry Chicken with Lentils and Leeks
    Prep: 25 min.
    Cook: 55 min.

Ingredients

lb. meaty chicken pieces
    Tbsp. curry powder
    1/2
    tsp. sea salt or salt
    Tbsp. cooking oil
    Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
    large leeks, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and sliced
    small orange, cut in wedges
    cup French lentils, rinsed and drained
    14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
    cup dry white wine (optional)
    to 2 heads baby bok choy, separated into individual leaves
    Directions
    Skin chicken, if desired. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon curry powder and salt. Brown chicken pieces, half at a time if necessary, in 4-quart Dutch oven in hot oil over medium-high heat. Remove from pan. Add ginger, leeks, orange wedges, and remaining curry powder. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until leeks are tender.

Stir in lentils, broth, and wine. Return chicken pieces to pan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 55 to 60 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F).

Remove chicken; stir bok choy into lentil mixture. Use slotted spoon to serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Recipe Source:
    http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/ginger-curry-chicken-with-lentils-and-leeks/

Ginger Curry Chicken with Lentils and Leeks (TNT) L_R122754

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:47 am