Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Summer layered Chicken Salad (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Summer layered Chicken Salad (TNT) Empty Summer layered Chicken Salad (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 am

Hi...

This salad is fabulous!!

I made a few changes....I didn't use the packaged chicken breast strips....I made my own. I marinated a couple of chicken breasts in Italian dressing for a couple of hours and then broiled the chicken (you could also cook them on the grill). Then I just cut them in slices to put on the salad...

This recipe is a real keeper! and would be beautiful to serve for a luncheon...I didn't bother to layer it in a glass bowl because I just made it for hubby and me...so i just put on plates...still beautiful

Here is picture I took because it was so pretty!

https://2img.net/h/i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/pstarkoski/food%20pictures/summerchickensalad1.jpg

Enjoy!

hugs,

peg

Summer Layered Chicken Salad

Salad:

7 cups torn romaine lettuce (from 1 head)

2 pkgs. Frozen fully cooked chicken breast strips (not breaded), thawed.

1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 4 ounces)

1 cup pecan halves (or coarsely chopped)

1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered (3 cups)

Dressing:

1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil

2 TBSP sugar

1/ 2 tsp. salt

3 TBSP red wine vinegar

1 tsp. Dijon mustard

1 clove garlic, finely minced

Directions:

1. In a deep 3-qt. salad bowl, place half of the lettuce. Layer with chicken, cheese, pecans,, remaining lettuce and strawberries.

2. In a small jar or glass measuring cup, mix dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad.

Recipe source: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/summer-layered-chicken-salad/a3524863-07d3-4b32-a686-50a4d22f347c

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 pm