Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Turkey Burgers & Home Fries (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Turkey Burgers & Home Fries (TNT) Empty Turkey Burgers & Home Fries (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 am

Hi...
    We just got up from the dinner table and this meal was so good that I had to post it right away!
    I made a few minor changes....I used the round multigrain sandwich thins (Arnold bakery) instead of the flat bread...mainly because the sandwich thins were on sale! ....and instead of the home fries I made stir fry veggies.
    So good!! and healthy too!!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Turkey Burgers & Home Fries
    Start to Finish: 18 min.
    Ingredients
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    2 tsp. curry powder
    2 cups refrigerated sliced potatoes
    1 lb. ground turkey breast
    2 oz. feta cheese with basil and tomato, crumbled
    4 Greek pita flat bread
    Red onion slices
    Spinach
    Feta Cheese
    Directions
    1. Heat broiler. Stir together mayonnaise and curry; set aside. In extra-large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high. Add potatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 6 minutes, turn; cook 6 minutes more or until crisp.
    2. Combine turkey, 2 tablespoons of curry-mayonnaise, feta, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Shape four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Broil 4 inches from heat 11 to 13 minutes (165 degrees F); turn once. Spread remaining curry-mayonnaise on bread; layer patties, onion, spinach, and feta. Serve with potatoes. Serves 4.
    Nutrition Facts
    Calories 658, Total Fat (g) 33, Saturated Fat (g) 6, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 11, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 13, Cholesterol (mg) 91, Sodium (mg) 1033, Carbohydrate (g) 51, Total Sugar (g) 1, Fiber(g)3,Protein(g) 38, Vitamin A (DV%) 0, Vitamin C (DV%) 8,
    Calcium (DV%) 11, Iron (DV%) 20, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    Recipe source:
    http://www.bhg.com/recipe/turkey/turkey-burgers-home-fries/

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 pm