Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

"T&T'd", Turkey & Stuffin' Recipe......

"T&T'd", Turkey & Stuffin' Recipe...... Empty "T&T'd", Turkey & Stuffin' Recipe......

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:27 am

"T&T'd", Thanksgiving 2009 was the first time I made this and we have had it 3 times since and many of my Friends have also "adopted" the recipe!

This recipe came from a client of mine. He has messed around with it until it is the way "The Gene Pool" likes it! I think he has done a great job! Try it with a capon OR a couple of chickens IF ya wanna test the water before ya use a large turkey!

Roast Turkey with Rosemary, Garlic & Lemon
    16 pound fresh turkey,(I have used a thawed out frozen too)
    oil
    4(5-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
    1 lemon, diced
    8 cloves garlic,I sliced mine
    1/2 cup virgin olive oil
    Prepare oil infusion EARLY in the day. Combine all ingredients for "infusion" in a small saucepan and heat over low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 2-4 hours. Strain oil & use as directed below. (I never drained mine!)
    When ready ........Preheat oven to 450'f
    Rince turkey with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
    remove the giblets & neck.
    Sprinkle inside generously with salt, (I used sea salt)

Fill cavity with the items below........

Cavity Filling:
    2 lemons, (cut each into 1/8's)[I used 1 lemon]
    2 bulbs garlic, (top 1/4 inch cut off to expose the clove, remove the excess papery skin[I used 1 bulb for a 10 pound turkey and peeled each clove separate]
    6 (5-inch) sprigs of fresh rosemary
    15 Black peppercorns(I was told NOT 14 & NOT 16, BUT 15!)lololol
    2 large bay leaves

Place on a rack in a large roasting pan and brush generosly with prepared oil.
    Place in preheated oven and reduce heat to 350'f & roast uncovered....for 30 minutes.
    Brush again with oil & tent with foil,(my bird fit in a pan I had a lid for, so I used that)
    Continue to roast at 350'f for 3 & 1/2 hours, brushing with oil every 30 minutes.
    remove foil/lid and roast for another 30 minutes to brown skin well.
    Let stand 30 minutes out of oven , tented/covered with foil, before carving.
    (Our 5.336 kg bird was done to perfection in 1 hour & 30-some minutes!!!!!!!)

Michelinis' Stuffin'(The following amounts are for maybe 15 people! BUT I made a large casserole for just Paul & I....I love "sandwiches" made with stuffing!)

You need: 2 large round loaves Portuguese cornbread,(I couldn't get any SO I bought a loaf of Jamaican ''Ralph" Hardo bread, about 1/2 loaf sliced then cubed & tossed in a VERY large pot(you would likely use 2 loaves)
    1 pound Bacon, (I used 5 slices), Thick sliced type, then cut up "thin" using scissors...fry this until almost crisp then dump over the bread, including the bacon fat..mix it up

Then add about 1/4 cup olive oil into fry pan
    I used 3-4 stocks of celery, sliced(you use the whole bunch)
    1 red pepper, diced(I used the whole pepper)
    Couple medium onions, diced
    I used 1/2 bag shredded/grated carrots(you would use 2 of the small bags)
    I used 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin,... BUT you could used use whatever ya wanted [can't taste it , at least I couldn't]....
    Toss all this into the fry pan with oil & fry until "crisp-tender"...then pour over the "cubed" bread...mix lightly!
    Add Poultry Seasoning ,...Amount>>>>"to your liking"....

Then I used a little over 1/2 carton chicken stock & poured it over the "dry" dressing....mix lightly by hand.
    DO NOT make it too wet.....'cause there will still be some juice come outta the veggies & remember the bacon fat and bacon.

I baked it for about 35-45 minutes along-side the turkey, uncovered.
    Check it.......don't overcook.
    I love it!
    Even Paul ate some, not alot tho,'cause he's a wimp when it comes to "good food"....lolol

BTW...the gravy from the turkey dripping was to die for!

Let me know IF ya understand this gibberish, okay?

Bon Appetitte!

Carol/CSW/cas/.....

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 40942
    Job/hobbies : Quilting, Crochet, Fishing Joined HHH 5/2/2004
    Humor : Yes, humor...
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

"T&T'd", Turkey & Stuffin' Recipe...... Empty Re: "T&T'd", Turkey & Stuffin' Recipe......

Post by Texas_Dawn Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Holy hannah! Just reading this made my mouth water!

Finished UFOs in 2020: 73
    Finished UFOs in 2021: 67
    Finished UFOs in 2022: 132
    Finished UFOs in 2023: 2

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm