Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Tarragon Chicken (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Tarragon Chicken (TNT) Empty Tarragon Chicken (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:52 am

I had some fresh tarragon left over from another recipe and wanted to use it before it went bad. I found this recipe and it was wonderful. I will be making this again anytime I have some fresh tarragon. I did serve it with green beans and long grain and wild rice mix.
    What a great dinner!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

TARRAGON CHICKEN

This creamy sauce is a classic with chicken - and while tarragon is the traditional herb, thyme or rosemary would also work beautifully.
    Serve with sauteed string beans and wild rice.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (1 - 1 1/4 lb
    total)
    1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
    1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
    3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil, divided
    1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
    1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
    1 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
    1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon

1. Season chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.

2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and wine and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.

3. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
    Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Stir mustard, sour cream and tarragon into sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken.

Servings: 4

Nutrition per Serving:
    199 Calories, 7g Fat, 2g Sat, 4g Mono, 65mg Cholesterol,

24g protein, 3g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 316mg Sodium, 262mg Potassium
    Nutrition bonus: Selenium (29% daily value).
    0 Carbohydrate Servings
    Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 fat

Recipe source: Recipe Friends Global Cooks yahoo group, submitted by angelkisses

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:05 am