Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Thai-Style Chicken Pizza (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Thai-Style Chicken Pizza (TNT) Empty Thai-Style Chicken Pizza (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi...
    I made these pizzas for dinner last night....they were very good and a whole new twist to pizza. I found the peanut satay sauce in the Asian section of the grocery store (but I couldn't find it at walmart). It was a little pricey, but I figured I would use it again. I was going to go online to see if I could find a recipe and make it up myself, but I said "Naw!" The peanut sauce has a little "kick" to it too!! I also used the small prebaked pizza crusts instead of the whole wheat pita bread rounds and that worked fine too. One pizza for each of us is just the right amount.
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Thai-Style Chicken Pizza
    Makes: 4 servings
    Ingredients

6-inch whole wheat pita bread rounds
    Nonstick cooking spray
    cup sliced fresh shiitake or button mushrooms
    2/3
    cup fresh pea pods cut into thin strips
    1/2
    cup packaged coarsely shredded carrots
    1-1/2
    cups chopped cooked chicken breast or turkey breast (about 8 ounces)
    1/4
    cup sliced green onions
    1/4
    cup bottled peanut sauce
    tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Place pita bread rounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, turning once.
    Meanwhile, lightly coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, pea pods, and carrot to hot skillet; cook about 3 minutes or just until tender. Stir in chicken breast and green onions. Remove from heat.
    Carefully spread each hot pita bread round with 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce. Top with hot vegetable mixture; sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 4 servings.
    Nutrition Facts

Servings Per Recipe 4 servings
    Calories359, Total Fat (g)8, Saturated Fat (g)2, Cholesterol (mg)45,
    Sodium (mg)579, Carbohydrate (g)49, Fiber (g)7, Protein (g)26,
    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Recipe source: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/seafood/thai-style-chicken-pizza/

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 pm