Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Orange Splash Swiss Chard Salad (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Orange Splash Swiss Chard Salad (TNT) Empty Orange Splash Swiss Chard Salad (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:55 am

I served this along with the orange-cinnamon chicken....lots of orange going on! This was really yummy. I couldn't find any Swiss chard so I used fresh spinach...delicious! I will definitely try this again when Swiss chard is in season and available.
    enjoy
    hugs,
    peg

ORANGE SPLASH SWISS CHARD SALAD
    Makes 6 servings of Swiss chard.

1 orange, zested, juiced
    3 tbsp vegetable oil
    2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
    2 tsp honey
    1/2 tsp each Dijon mustard and chopped garlic
    1/4 cup each dried cranberries, shredded carrots, sliced onions and chopped walnuts

8 oz rainbow Swiss chard, trimmed, sliced
    2 pears, cored, thinly sliced

1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese

IN BOWL, whisk together 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 tsp orange zest, oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. In bowl, toss 1/2 dressing with Swiss chard, cranberries, carrots, onions and walnuts.
    ARRANGE pears on platter. Top with salad and cheese. SERVE with remaining dressing...

Recipe source: Mom’s Menu Plan yahoo group, submitted by Russie.

PEG’S NOTE: I couldn’t find any Swiss chard so I used fresh spinach instead. I will definitely try this again when Swiss chard is available.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 am