Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Spaghetti Squash with Sausage (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Spaghetti Squash with Sausage (TNT) Empty Spaghetti Squash with Sausage (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:16 am

Hi...
    I made this about a week ago and it was great. I just love spaghetti squash...it's just so fun! This recipe is a really different twist on spaghetti and quite good.
    I found that it took about 16 minutes to cook the squash in the microwave...I cooked it at 4 minute intervals.
    Enjoy,
    hugs,
    peg

SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SAUSAGE
    Makes 4 servings.

Grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    8 links hot Italian sausage
    Salt and Pepper
    3 tbs olive oil
    1 spaghetti squash

Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Put squash, cut side up, in a microwave bowl and drizzle with 1 tbs oil and 1 tbs water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave until tender. Scoop out flesh into a colander, and shred.
    -Heat a skillet or grill pan. Grill, sausages turning until cooked through. Heat remaining oil in a skillet. Add bell pepper, onion, and 1 tsp salt and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook until vegetables begin to brown.
    -Toss in squash and parsley and season with salt and pepper. SERVE with sausages and sprinkle with Parmesan...

Recipe source: Cooking with Terry yahoo group, submitted by Russie

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm