Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Peppered Pork with Chive Sauce (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Peppered Pork with Chive Sauce (TNT) Empty Peppered Pork with Chive Sauce (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:04 am

Hi.....
    I made this dish last week and it was really, really good! I couldn't find the small package of cream cheese with chives, so I just got the 3-oz. package of plain cream cheese and added green onion tops to it since I didn't have any chives...worked just fine!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Peppered Pork with Chive Sauce
    Start to Finish: 20 minutes
    Ingredients

boneless pork loin chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
    teaspoon coarsely ground tri-colored peppercorns or black peppercorns
    teaspoons cooking oil
    1/4
    cup water
    tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
    3-ounce package cream cheese with chives, cut up
    Snipped fresh chives (optional)
    Directions

1. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with pepper, rubbing it lightly into the pork. In a 10-inch skillet cook pork in hot oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chop registers 155 degrees F, turning halfway through cooking. Remove pork and keep warm.

2. For sauce, carefully add the water to the hot skillet. Add sherry or broth to skillet and heat until bubbly. Add the cream cheese. Using a wire whisk, heat and whisk over medium heat until the cream cheese is melted. Transfer warm pork to 4 dinner plates. Spoon sauce atop pork. If desired, sprinkle with snipped chives.
    Makes 4 servings.

Serving Suggestion: Steam or microwave quartered new potatoes and green beans, then drizzle with lemon juice. Serve glasses of apple cider with dinner.

Recipe source:
    http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pork/peppered-pork-with-chive-sauce/

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:22 am