Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Turkey Stroganoff (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Turkey Stroganoff (TNT) Empty Turkey Stroganoff (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi...
    This is a "flash from the past" recipe!! I haven't made this in a long time so we had it tonight....still really good.
    This recipe comes from my 1991 Southern Living Annual Recipes cookbook...this was my favorite source of recipes...I have all of the books from 1982 thru 2000!...then I met Taste of Home Magazine and got hooked on those recipes! Besides, Southern Living stopped making their annual cookbooks!
    This is a quick and easy twist to beef stroganoff, but a little healthier version!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Turkey Stroganoff
    ½ lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
    ½ cup chopped onion
    1 small clove garlic, minced
    2 TBSP butter or margarine
    1 (10-¾ - ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
    1 TBSP dry sherry
    ½ tsp. salt
    ½ tsp. dried whole dillweed
    ½ tsp. paprika
    Dash of red pepper
    1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
    Hot cooked noodles

Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter in a large skillet for 5 minutes. Drain mixture, and set aside, reserving drippings in skillet. Add turkey to skillet; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain. Stir in soup and next 5 ingredients. Stir in reserved vegetable mixture. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring often. Add sour cream; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring often (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
    Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

Recipe source: Southern Living Magazine, April, 1991, submitted by Edith Askins of [color:88f6= ]Greenville, Texas.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 pm