Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Chicken in Foil (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Chicken in Foil (TNT) Empty Chicken in Foil (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:31 am

Hi...

This recipe is great!! I just finished off the rest of it today in a sandwich! DELISH! The chicken is sooooooo tasty and tender. I served it with Baked Zucchini Chips.

Enjoy!

hugs,

peg

Chicken in Foil Packet

One chicken, cut up or bone in chicken breasts

Blend -

One envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

One 8 ounce jar or roughly that amount (about 1 cup) from a larger jar, Apricot Preserves.

8 ounces of Catalina Dressing

Mix these ingredients together well.

Wash and pat dry the chicken, skin it is you are inclined.

Line a baking pan, like an 8 by 13, with heavy duty foil with lots of extra foil because you will be closing and wrapping the chicken.

Now, just put the chicken on the foil, no extra seasoning. Spoon the mixture you made up all over the chicken. Close and crimp the foil and bake for about an hour at 325 -350 depending on your oven.

For side dishes, I like rice or wide noodles, because the sauce from the chicken is just so good to spoon over the top. Also, some green beans, or salad or asparagus. Definitely something green.

Tip: Save the sauce! Debone any leftover chicken and the next night, roughly chop up the leftover chicken and heat it in the sauce and serve on burger buns with chips and pickles.

Recipe source: Home Talk Break board, submitted by JJ.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:01 am