Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Fruit Smoothie No-bake Cheesecake (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Fruit Smoothie No-bake Cheesecake (TNT) Empty Fruit Smoothie No-bake Cheesecake (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 am

"Fruit Smoothie" No-Bake Cheesecake
    1-1/2 cups Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
    2 TBSP sugar
    4 pkg (8-oz. each) Philadelphia Neufchatel Cream Cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese), softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 pkg. (12-oz.) frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries), thawed and drained
    1 tub (8-0z.) Cool whip Lite Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
    Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of the pan. Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 TBSP sugar; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Smash drained berries with fork; stir into cream cheese mixture.Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping. spoon over crust; cover.
    Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Use foil handles to remove cheesecake from pan before cutting into pieces to serve. Top with remaining whipped topping. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
    Makes 16 servings.

Recipe source: I found this as an add for Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the July, 2007 issue of Southern Living Magazine,

**Peg's notes!
    I used Walmart's neufchatel cream cheese instead of Philadelphia brand and I also used Walmart's brand of whipped topping....
    The recipe stated to divide the whipped topping...2 cups in the actual recipe and some to use to top the cheesecake....the 8-oz. container of whipped topping is exactly 2 cups....so I have opted not to add any to the top...it doesn't even show it in the picture...so if you want to add some to the top, I would suggest you get the 12-oz. tub of whipped topping.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am