Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Swiss Topped Chicken Breasts (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Swiss Topped Chicken Breasts (TNT) Empty Swiss Topped Chicken Breasts (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:33 am

Hi...
    I made this a few nights ago for dinner. It was delicious! The chicken was very tender and juicy. I didn't make the rice mixture (but will try it someday). I had lots of veggies in the fridge, so I stir fried instead. Yummy!!!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Swiss-Topped Chicken Breasts

Servings: 4 servings

Ingredients:

4 (4-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    1/2 cup fat free Italian salad dressing
    1 (6-ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
    1 cup shredded carrots
    1 cup broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
    2 (3/4-ounce) slices Alpine Lace® Deli Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, cut in half

Place chicken breasts into medium bowl; pour Italian dressing over chicken. Turn chicken several times to coat. Refrigerate, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions, stirring in carrots and broccoli during last 5 minutes. Keep warm.

Drain chicken; discard marinade. Place chicken into 10-inch nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, turning once, until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink (10 to 11 minutes). Top each chicken breast with 1 cheese half.
    Cover; continue cooking until cheese begins to melt (1 to 2 minutes).

Place rice mixture onto serving platter. Top with cheese-topped chicken breasts.

Recipe source: Our Kitchen Table yahoo group, submitted by Lillian

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am