Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

3 posters

To let someone back in and how to post a picture

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 40942
    Job/hobbies : Quilting, Crochet, Fishing Joined HHH 5/2/2004
    Humor : Yes, humor...
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

To let someone back in and how to post a picture Empty To let someone back in and how to post a picture

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:52 am

I may have tocome back and edit this because I am worried I might miss a step....

1. this can only be done by those that have admin access here.

2. At the bottom of the page is a link for "Administration Panel"

3. Once that window opens up, look for the tab for "Groups and Users"

4. Search for user.

There is several ways to search, by user name, by email address, and if you are real lucky, you will see the persons name already near the top of the list.

5. Click on the user name.

6 You will see a spot that says "username" then "email address" and "password" "confirm password".

What I do is copy and paste the username in to an email back to the person just to make sure they are hitting the right keys (my keyboard tends to skip letters if I type too fast).

Then I make up a password for them, confirm the password and SAVE.

Then in that same email I pasted the username in I type in the new password. 99.9% of the time I remember to tell them to change the password when they log in (can be done under the PROFILE tab at top). However, I am unable to recall anyones passwords since I have soo many I have to know on a daily basis between home and work. I do watch the little bar that lets me know if I am selecting a weak, normal or string password. I will give it a couple of tries to get a stronng password for them.

Password advice: If you ever want to make a password darn near impossible to hack add a ~ or * somewhere in the password. Tests have shown that by doing that a password can go from being hacked in less than 5 seconds to takes over 4 days... thus leaving the hackers frustrated and your information protected!

Last edited by Texas_Dawn on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Finished UFOs in 2020: 73
    Finished UFOs in 2021: 67
    Finished UFOs in 2022: 132
    Finished UFOs in 2023: 2
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

To let someone back in and how to post a picture Empty Re: To let someone back in and how to post a picture

Post by Texas_Dawn Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:59 pm

See the buttons above the post (have to use "post a reply" option and not the quick option) Click on the 15th button from the left. It is the "Host an Image" button. Kinda looks like a Monitor with a floppy disc in front of it. A pop up box will show up. Next to the top box is a "browse" button. Use that to find where you have stored the pic oon your computer/card/flashdrive. Then click "host it" It will resize the ppic for the forum for you. Wait for it... wait.... wait... wait and the the box will change.... You will have three options.. you want the middle one (not the thumbnail and not the url one) Copy it, paste it in the message section of your post... PREVIEW to make sure you got the right pic (I almost posted a pic from work of an accident during the tour of the craft room, so always preview!) Add whatever text you wish to your post and then hit send Smile wahla! you have posted a pic Smile

joanneb63

Female
    Number of posts : 4997
    Job/hobbies : Crafting

To let someone back in and how to post a picture Empty Re: To let someone back in and how to post a picture

Post by joanneb63 Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Dawn I always use quick reply and the 6th button is the host an image one and it works the same
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Cool! I had not noticed as when I know I am posting pics I am starting a new reply Wink

Canada-eh
    Canada-eh

Female
    Number of posts : 226
    Job/hobbies : Retired Elementary Teacher, Cockers, canaries and a cat, reading, arts and crafts, knitting, photography
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Post by Canada-eh Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:43 pm

I hate, hate, hate this method of posting pictures. I posted 3 this morning but when I go to check them, my computer says they cannot be found. One other site I belong to uses this same method and I have the same problems. Duh I'm dumb. Laughing
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 am

Canada-eh wrote:I hate, hate, hate this method of posting pictures. I posted 3 this morning but when I go to check them, my computer says they cannot be found. One other site I belong to uses this same method and I have the same problems. Duh I'm dumb. Laughing

I was able to fix the pictures so I could see them. Somehow part of the code was missing. when you select the one you want. I look for the one that starts [img] hold down your CTRL and your A key at the same time, then your CTRL and your C key. First will allow you to Select ALL the type and the second will copy it for you then go back to the place you are writing your post and hold down the CTRL button and the P that will paste the information for you and should help eiminate missing parts of the code.
    I really prefer the ease it was at MSN and hopefully more places will discover the code to make our lives easier Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 am