Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Italian Chicken Skillet Supper (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Italian Chicken Skillet Supper (TNT) Empty Italian Chicken Skillet Supper (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 am

This was a really yummy recipe....I served it with couscous instead of noodles. This recipe only serves 2 and the boys were over for dinner, so I just doubled it. I didn't have any pine nuts so I used walnuts!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Italian Chicken Skillet Supper
    Romano cheese, sliced vegetables and pine nuts jazz up this saucy chicken dinner from Barbara Lento of Houston, Pennsylvania. “It’s easy, and we love it!” Barbara says.

Ingredients
    2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
    1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/4 pound small fresh mushrooms
    1/2 medium onion, chopped
    1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
    1 tablespoon pine nuts
    2 cups fresh baby spinach
    1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
    2 teaspoons shredded Romano cheese
    Directions
    Flatten chicken slightly; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
    In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper and pine nuts until vegetables are tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
    Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
    Yield: 2 servings.
    Nutritional Facts 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.

Recipe source: Taste of Home’s Healthy Cooking magazine, Dec’11/January’12, submitted by Barbara Lento of Houston, Pa.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Italian-Chicken-Skillet-Supper

__._,_.___

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 pm