Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Marinated Venison Steaks (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Marinated Venison Steaks (TNT) Empty Marinated Venison Steaks (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:20 am

I have a friend that I met at Curves and we have become very good friends. Her hubby loves to go hunting and now that he is retired he gets to go more often! In October he went hunting in South Carolina and got several deer. I have only had venison once or twice, but he shared some with myself and the other mall gang members! I found this recipe online and it was really good! My hubby was a little anxious about having this, but he really liked it too!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Marinated Venison Steaks

By: Janelle Inkens
    "From Tigard, Oregon, Janelle Inkens writes, 'These venison steaks are so tender and tasty, they're even a hit with my kids, ages 3 and 4. Someone who tried this dish once said, 'Wow, if I could make venison taste like this, I'd make it all the time.''"

Ingredients
    6 (4 ounce) boneless venison steaks
    1/2 cup white vinegar
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions
    1. Place venison in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half over the venison; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
    2. Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. broil 4 minutes longer, basting often, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F for medium or 170 degrees F for well-done.

Recipe source:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/marinated-venison-steaks/detail.aspx

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm