Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Ham and Cheese Ziti (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Ham and Cheese Ziti (TNT) Empty Ham and Cheese Ziti (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi--
    I made this recipe this week...it is just great!! It's like a great baked macaroni and cheese, but made with ziti and ham. I didn't use the deli sliced ham but rather used the diced ham that comes in a package usually where ham is sold. This recipe would make a great macaroni and cheese if you don't want to use the ham.
    This recipe is a "keeper"!!
    hugs,
    peg

Ham and Cheese Ziti

2 1/2 C. uncooked ziti pasta
    1/4 C. butter
    1 garlic clove finely chopped
    1/4 C. flour
    1/2 t. salt
    2 C. milk
    1/2 t. Dijon mustard
    2 C. shredded Colby cheese
    4 oz. sliced cooked deli ham
    1/3 C. Parmesan cheese
    Heat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in 3 qt. saucepan over low heat. Cook garlic in butter 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in mustard and Colby cheese. Cook stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
    Stir pasta and ham into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2 qt. casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

Recipe source: A_L_I_ACookingCorner yahoo group, submitted by Dorie

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 pm