Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Apple Swiss Chicken (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Apple Swiss Chicken (TNT) Empty Apple Swiss Chicken (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi...
    Here is a really good recipe to have for dinner during this fall season. It is really good!
    Enjoy
    hugs,
    peg

Apple Swiss Chicken Recipe

"My mother and I both like to experiment with recipes and created this one 43 years ago. It has come to the rescue for many impromptu occasions when I've had to adjust the serving sizes to unexpected numbers. My family really enjoys chicken, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it." -Lynne Glashoerster, Edmonton, Alberta

Prep: 15 min.
    Bake: 30 min.
    Yield: 2 Servings

Ingredients

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    11/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
    2 thin slices fully cooked ham
    1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced, divided
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    2 thin slices Swiss cheese
    1 tablespoon apple juice or chicken broth
    Paprika

Directions

Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; rub with rosemary. Top each with a ham slice and a few apple slices; roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with oil.
    Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and remaining apple slices; drizzle with apple juice. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.

Originally published as Apple Swiss Chicken in Reminisce September/October 1999, p49

Recipe source: All Simple Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Beth Layman

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 am