Balsamic Chicken, Spinach, Tomato Pasta Salad (TNT)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balsamic Chicken, Spinach, Tomato Pasta Salad (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 am

Hi !

I am finally ready to start posting some recipes again!! ..... and I have lots and lots of them stored up so get yourself ready to try some new recipes!

This salad is really good. I served it as a cold salad---I made it up early in the day so only had to put it on plates and serve at dinner time.

Enjoy!

hugs,

peg

Balsamic Chicken, Spinach, Tomato Pasta Salad

A great side dish served beside a burger of choice or even better as a lunch time meal. It’s sure to have the family coming back for seconds.

Chicken, Cheese tortellini, Spinach, Basil, Tomatoes, and Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Servings: 6-8

Ingredients:

1 (20-ounce) package cheese tortellini

1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, diced

1-1/2 cup Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

1 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

2 cups firmly packed fresh spinach, chopped

1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1-1/2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced

Instructions:

1. Place chicken in a zip-lock bag and pour 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette in bag with chicken. Marinate for at least 2 hour, but best if marinated overnight. Take chicken out of zip-lock bag and discard marinade.

2. In a grill pan, grill chicken breasts, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Place yellow bell pepper slices in grill pan and grill about 2 minutes on each side. Once cooled, dice chicken up in small bites.

3. Whisk together remaining ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing and mustard in a small bowl.

4. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Transfer pasta to a large bowl and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Let cool 10 minutes.

5. Toss together pasta, chicken, balsamic mixture, spinach, and remaining 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately, or, if desired, cover and chill 1 hour before serving.

Recipe source:https://sites.google.com/site/multiplydeliciousprintrecipes/home/balsamic-chicken-spinach-tomato-pasta-salad

pstarkoski
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 12245
Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top