Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes (TNT) Empty Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:32 am

Hi.....I know it has been quite a while since I have posted recipes, but I have to start posting them again...I have lots to share, so I will get them to you as I have time!
    Enjoy
    Hugs,
    peg

This is a great recipe!

Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes

Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup couscous and 1 piece chicken | Calories: 321 | Previous Points: 7 | Points Plus: 8 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 105 mg | Sodium: 482 mg | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 37 g |

Ingredients

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

3 teaspoons olive oil, divided

1 teaspoon dried oregano

2 teaspoons dried basil

2 teaspoons minced garlic

1 pint grape tomatoes

3 cups cooked whole wheat couscous

½ medium cucumber, finely diced

2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

Directions

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat, 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; add oregano, basil, garlic and tomatoes. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until tomatoes soften.

Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions.

Place ½ cup cooked couscous on each of 6 plates. Slice chicken and divide evenly among plates. Top evenly with tomato mixture, cucumber, and feta cheese.

Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes (TNT) Chicken-with-Feta-and-Tomatoes

This Greek-inspired meal is quick and easy to prepare. With just 8 ingredients, you can have a perfectly portioned, flavorful meal.
    View on skinnyms.com
    Preview by Yahoo

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm