Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Chipotle Quinoa Sweet Potato Burgers (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Chipotle Quinoa Sweet Potato Burgers (TNT) Empty Chipotle Quinoa Sweet Potato Burgers (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:54 am

Hi....
    I know it has been a really long time since I have posted recipes, but life really gets in the way sometimes...especially since I was getting ready for Mistletoe Marketplace (very successful this year, by the way)...then comes Thanksgiving, Christmas, New year's day, etc.....and I that a really BIG stack of recipes to post...so I guess I will just get started posting them, I don't know if I will ever get caught up .... trying new recipes all the time!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Chipotle Quinoa Sweet Potato Burgers with Crunchy Guacamole

Packing fiber, protein, and smoky spice, these vegan burgers please meat-eaters too. And the super-easy-to-make guac just may become your go-to for party dip.

Appropriate for: clean, high-fiber, low-sugar, vegan, vegetarian diets

Ingredients:

For burger:

1/3 cup quinoa

2/3 cup filtered water

1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced

1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained

1 to 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)

1 teaspoon olive oil

1/2 cup panko

3 sprouted grain hamburger buns 

For crunchy guacamole:

2 avocados, peeled and pitted

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

2 tablespoons salsa or pico de gallo

2 tablespoons raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)

Directions:

1. In small pot, combine quinoa and water over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Let quinoa cook for 10 to 15 minutes until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
    2. While quinoa cooks, cook sweet potato in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes until soft and mashable. When potatoes are finished cooking, combine with white beans in a mixing bowl and smash with a potato masher until well mashed but still retaining a little texture from beans. Add tahini (if using), salt, and spices. Mix well, then add quinoa and fold in with a spatula.
    3. Heat a medium-sized pan on the stove to medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Form quinoa-sweet potato mixture into three patties, coat with panko, and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side until a nice crispy golden brown outer shell is reached.
    4. While burgers cook, make guacamole by mashing all ingredients together.
    5. To assemble, place burger patty on bottom half of bun and top with guacamole and bun top.

Recipe provided by Jessica Smith of MadetoCreate

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/chipotle-quinoa-sweet-potato-burgers-crunchy-guacamole

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm