Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Herbs (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Herbs (TNT) Empty Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Herbs (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:36 am

Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Herbs

Author: Pinch of Yum (recipe from Amanda Paa - Smitten with Squash) 

Ingredients 
    1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeded 
    olive oil 
    kosher salt 
    2 cloves garlic, minced 
    2 teaspoons white wine vinegar 
    ¼ cup minced fresh parsley 
    2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (sage is also yummy) 
    ¾ cup shredded Gruyère cheese 
    ½ cup pine nuts, toasted 
    black pepper
    Instructions 
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Rub squash with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, until fork tender. Let cool about 10 minutes, then scrape the insides with a fork to pull the strands away from the skin. (At this point I put the strands in a colander, pressed them with a paper towel, and let them rest while I prepped the other ingredients - mine were really really heavy and watery, so this helped get some of the excess moisture out.)
    In a large skillet, heat 2½ tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1½ minutes, until fragrant. Stir in spaghetti squash, vinegar, herbs, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for about 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in Gruyère cheese, then top with pine nuts. Taste and add salt or pepper if desired.
    Notes 
    I felt like I could have eaten this whole plate! Maybe I'm just extra hungry when it comes to squash?! If I were going to make this again, I'd plan to have it serve two people and I'd reduce the amount of oil and cheese to cut out some of the fat per serving. Using ¾ cup cheese isn't bad when split between four people - but when I'm eating the whole thing all by myself? Yeah, you get the idea. Smile 

Recipe by Pinch of Yum at
    http://pinchofyum.com/garlic-spaghetti-squash-with-herbs

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:18 am