Page 1 of 1 • Share •
Bottle Belly SnowmanMake this adorable snowman from a recycled water bottle and some fleece. He's a fun kid's winter craft!
1) Paint the cork orange and set aside to dry
2) Remove the label and any glue residue from your bottle and make sure the inside is completely dry.
3) Remove and discard your bottle cap then fill the bottle with snowflakes.
4) Place the Styrofoam ball on top of the bottle and push down gently to get an impression of the top of the bottle. Remove the Styrofoam ball and using the handle of a teaspoon, hollow out the area you marked so the neck of the bottle will fit inside. Once hollowed out, stick the Styrofoam ball on top of the bottle.
5) Make the hat by either sewing or hot gluing the 3 1/2" ends of the larger piece of fleece together forming a tube. On one end of the tube, wrap a small clear elastic or tie tightly with a piece of string.
6) Fold up the other end of the tube to form a cuff and place it on top of the Styrofoam ball - aka the snowman's head.
7) Tie the 1" x 10" piece of fleece around the neck of the bottle as a scarf.
Cut two 4 1/4" pieces of brown pipe cleaner and discard the rest.
9) Bend each pipe cleaner into a Y shape. To do this, make a slight bend (right angle) approximately 3/4" from one end then about 3/4" from the bend, fold the pipe cleaner back against itself to form a Y.
10) Make a small hole on either side of the snowman using the tip of a pen or some other sharp/pointy object you have handy. Stick the straight end of one pipe cleaner into each hold for his arms.
11) Glue the three felt or craft foam circles to the front of the water bottle to form his buttons.
12) Cut approximately 1/4" off the tip of the cork to use as his nose.
13) To attach the nose, cut a toothpick in half (wire cutters work well for cutting toothpicks). You will only use one half of the toothpick. Dip both ends into glue. Stick one end into the cork and the other end into the Styrofoam ball where you would like the nose.
14) Put a small dot of glue on the Styrofoam ball where you would like each of the eyes, then push a bead into the Styrofoam right through the glue. The glue will dry clear so don't worry if some gets on the beads.
15) Make five small dots of glue for the mouth and push the beads into the Styrofoam through the glue.
Your Snowman is now complete and doesn't he look great!!
*Fleece only stretches in one direction. When you cut out your hat, be sure that it stretches in the right direction by holding the two short sides and pulling. If it stretches this way you are all set. If not, re-cut a piece in the other direction.
Anyone make this please post a pic. it sounds sooo cute!
If God allows our faith to be tested, it is not to punish us, and it's not to show Him that we are trustworthy.
It's to prove himself faithful to us.
Number of posts : 34611
Job/hobbies : Quilting, Crochet, Fishing Joined HHH 5/2/2004
Humor : Without humor this would be a boring world!
Registration date : 2008-12-13
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum