Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Pork Chops with Spiced Sweet Potatoes & apples (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Pork Chops with Spiced Sweet Potatoes & apples (TNT) Empty Pork Chops with Spiced Sweet Potatoes & apples (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi....
    I made this for dinner last night and it was soooooooooo good!! I loved the sweet potatoes and apples added to the pork chops. They all go together so well. It is a very tasty dish and I will be making this one again....it is a definite keeper!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Pork Chops with Spiced Sweet Potatoes and Apples

* 4 3/4-inch-thick boneless pork chops
    * 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    * 1 large sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced
    * 1 onion, thinly sliced
    * 1 large unpeeled apple, halved, cored, thickly sliced
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/3 cup canned low-salt chicken broth

Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, saute until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer pork to plate. Add potato and onion to skillet. Reduce heat to medium, saute until onion is golden, about 7 minutes. Mix in apple and cinnamon, season with salt and pepper. Nestle pork among vegetables. Pour in broth, bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until pork and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.

Recipe Source: Home Talk Break board, submitted by Sheltiemom

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am