Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Nutella Cheesecake Squares (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Nutella Cheesecake Squares (TNT) Empty Nutella Cheesecake Squares (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:44 am

I made this for dessert last night since our sons were over for dinner. I thought my son Scott liked Nutella, so when I found this recipe I thought I would make it for him. I found out last night he really doesn't like it....but.....this cheesecake changed all of our minds! It was sinfully delicious!! I don't really care for hazelnut flavoring, but Scott loves it so that is why I thought he liked Nutella. Well.....I am now a convert! This cheesecake is to die for. I had way too much left over and didn't want to be tempted by it, so I cut it up in about 1" pieces and took it to the mall gang today.....they went crazy!!
    So you all just give it a try!! It's delicious!!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Nutella Cheesecake Squares

Crust:
    1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
    1/4 cup flour
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/4 cup dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1/8 teaspoon salt

Filling:
    16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
    1/4 cup Nutella
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons flour
    2 large eggs, at room temperature

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray with baking spray an 8-inch square pan.

In a small bowl, add the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, oats and salt; mix thoroughly with a fork. Press into bottom of the pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten and press firmly. Bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the egg and flour, beat until smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the batter into the 8-inch square baking pan. Add the Nutella into the remaining batter and mix thoroughly. Spread on top of the first cheesecake layer. Bake 25 minutes or until set.

Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.

Recipe source: Cookie Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Jackie Austin.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm