Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Marinated Broccoli Tomato Salad (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Marinated Broccoli Tomato Salad (TNT) Empty Marinated Broccoli Tomato Salad (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:32 am

Marinated Broccoli Tomato Salad (TNT) Marinated_Broccoli_Tomato_Salad

The only thing I changed is that I made my own raspberry vinaigrette and it is really yummy! I had some raspberry vinegar left that I made for my craft show so I used that...it is soooooo yummy! (I have included the recipe for the raspberry vinaigrette and the end of this recipe).
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Marinated Broccoli Tomato Salad

6 cups broccoli florets, broken into small pieces
    1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
    1 cup KRAFT Natural 2% Milk Reduced Fat Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese Crumbles
    1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
    2 Tbsp. PLANTERS Sunflower Kernels
    1 Tbsp. poppy seed
    1/2 cup KRAFT Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Reduced Fat Dressing (or make your own...recipe below)*
    2 tsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
    1 Tbsp. sugar
    MIX
    broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cheese, onions, sunflower kernels and poppy seed in large bowl.
    STIR
    together dressing, mustard and sugar until well blended. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
    http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=107794

Recipe source: The-Apple-Dumpling-Gang yahoo group, submitted by KIM.

* Raspberry Vinaigrette

1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1/4 cup Raspberry Vinegar
    4 tsp. sugar
    2 tsp. Dijon mustard
    In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients. Mix or shake well. Store in the refrigerator.
    YIELD: about 3/4 cup.
    Recipe source: Taste of Home Magazine

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 am