Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos (TNT) Empty Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:02 am

Hi...
    This is a great meatless dish... one note, I found the chipotle peppers to be quite hot, so I cut them open and discared some of the seeds...
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN BURRITOS
    Makes 4 servings.

These burritos are yummy, easy to make, contain no meat just veggies, hope you enjoy them like we did.

1/2 head lettuce, sliced into thick strips
    2 tbs low fat sour cream
    6 oz Monterey Jack cheese, coarsely grated
    1 tbs chopped chipotle peppers in adobo
    Salt and Pepper
    1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into pieces
    2 tbs lime juice, plus wedges
    4 flour tortillas
    1 bunch spinach, thick stems discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
    15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed
    1 onion, half chopped, half thinly sliced
    2 tbs olive or vegetable oil

Heat 1 tbs oil in a skillet. Add sweet potato, chopped onion and 1/2 tsp salt and cook covered until tender, 12 min. Add beans and chipotles and cook 2 min. Add spinach and cook tossing until it begins to wilt, 2 min. Divide cheese and potato bean mixture among tortillas and roll up to form burritos. Wipe out skillet and heat. Cook burritos seam side down first until golden brown 3 min. per side. In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, lime juice, remaining oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Add lettuce and sliced onions and toss to coat. SERVE WITH BURRITOS AND LIME WEDGES, IF DESIRED...

Recipe source: The Apple Dumpling Gang yahoo group, submitted by Russie.

PEG’S NOTE: I found the chipotle peppers very hot…so I cut them open and discarded some of the seeds

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am