Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

The Fastest Shepherd's Pie (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

The Fastest Shepherd's Pie (TNT) Empty The Fastest Shepherd's Pie (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 am

Hi..

This is a great quick shepherd's pie recipe....really, really good. I did make my own real mashed potatoes though...I just couldn't bring myself to make the instant kind!!

Enjoy!

hugs,

peg

The Fastest Shepherd’s Pie

“Made in less than 45 minutes, you can make this pub favorite in your own kitchen. Creamy and delicious, this ground beef recipe is topped with mashed potatoes and baked until they turn golden brown

Serves: 4 (about 1 1/2 cups each)

Preparation Time:20 min

Cooking Time:15 min

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef

1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

1 can (10.75-ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of mushroom soup

1 tablespoon ketchup

1/8 teaspoon ground pepper

1 cup frozen peas and carrots

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons butter

1-1/3 cups instant mashed potato flakes or buds

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off any fat.

Stir the soup, ketchup, black pepper and peas and carrots in the skillet. Spoon the beef mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.Heat milk and butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the potatoes. Spoon the potatoes over the beef mixture.

Bake for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned.

Read more at

http://www.recipelion.com/Budget-Friendly-Recipes/The-Fastest-Shepherds-Pie/ct/1#RU0xwbKWxhtIFwuE.99

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:16 am