Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Favorite Pork Chops (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Favorite Pork Chops (TNT) Empty Favorite Pork Chops (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:35 am

Hi...

I made these pork chops for dinner last night and they were delicious! I only made about 1/2 of the recipe since there were only the two of us (so made 1/2 of the marinade and about 1/2 of the sauce)....there was plenty. I served this with baked butternut squash and also some applesauce....Delish!!

Enjoy!

hugs,

peg

Favorite Pork Chops

My mom often served this dish when relatives were visiting. The night before, I'd watch her prepare the soy sauce marinade. As the pork chops baked the next day, the tantalizing aroma would fill the kitchen. It was always a hit! -Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia

Total Time: 75

Servings 6

Ingredients:

2 cups soy sauce

1 cup water

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon molasses

6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)

sauce:

3/4 cup ketchup

2/3 cup chili sauce

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 tablespoons water

11/2 teaspoons ground mustard

Directions:

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring soy sauce, water, brown sugar and molasses to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and refrigerate for 3-6 hours. Drain and discard marinade. Place pork chops in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.

Source:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Favorite-Pork-Chops

Recipe source: Taste of Home yahoo group, submitted by Ginny Butterfield.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:16 pm