Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Sesame Chicken

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Sesame Chicken Empty Sesame Chicken

Post by pstarkoski Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 am

From the Imperial Chinese Restaurant
    Was on the 9news page but I guess it's too old now and they took it off.

Sesame Chicken
    Chicken Breast, skinless & boned 2 pieces about 6-8 oz.
    Corn starch 5 TBS
    Salt a pinch
    Water 6 TBS
    Minced ginger 1/2 teaspoon
    Chopped fresh garlic 1/2 teaspoon
    Chili oil 1/2 -1 teaspoon depending on degree of spicy you want.
    Roasted sesame seeds 1/2 teaspoon
    Salad oil for deep fry
    Iceberg lettuce a handfull
    Sauce:
    Chicken broth 8 TBSP
    Dark soy sauce 1 TBSP
    Soy sauce 2 TBSP
    Sugar 4 TBSP
    White vinegar 4TBSP
    Corn starch 1 tsp
    Sake 1tsp
    Oyster sauce 1/2 tsp

In small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well blended.

Cut chicken breast into 1/2 inch strips. Place in a bowl with water and salt and let soak for about 15 minutes. Do not drain. Add cornstarch and mix well, coating chicken. Add 1 tbsp salad oil to chicken and mix to smooth and sparate chicken strips.

Heat wok with medium flame, pour in oil for deep frying. Heat oil up to about 325 degrees. Place coated chicken strips in piece by piece and fry until it is crispy and cooked through. Remove chicken and pour off oil.

Heat up wok again with an additional 1-tsp salad oil add ginger, garlic and chili oil stir frying until fragrant. Add sauce mix, stif until thickens. Add fried chicken strips and mix well to coat all chicken strips with sauce. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds before serving on a bed of lettuce.

( I don't have a wok so I use a big frying pan. I've never use Sake and it tastes great without it. I can't find Dark soy sauce so I just use 3TBSP of soy sauce, and sometimes I have oyster sauce and sometimes I don't, it's fine either way.)

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 pm