Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Spinach Swiss Quiche (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Spinach Swiss Quiche (TNT) Empty Spinach Swiss Quiche (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:03 am

Hi....
    We just finished this for dinner and it was wonderful!! ....I just got my first issue of Taste of Home----Healthy Living Magazine...Wow! What a bunch of great looking recipes and they are even kind of healthy for you!! It called for reduced fat Swiss cheese, but I couldn't find any so I just used regular shredded Swiss. I also used low fat cottage cheese instead of fat-free. I like the lower fat stuff, but I can't handle some of the fat-free!
    I served this with some fresh fruit (cantelope, strawberries, grapes and a few fresh blueberries)....How healthy are we!!!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Spinach Swiss Quiche

1 refrigerated pie pastry
    4 turkey bacon strips, diced
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
    1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
    2 cups egg substitute
    1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
    1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and paprika
    6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream

On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim
    pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a
    double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil;
    bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°. In a small
    skillet, cook the bacon, onion and red pepper until vegetables are tender; drain.
    Stir in spinach. Spoon spinach mixture into pastry. In a small bowl, combine the
    egg substitute, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese and seasonings; pour over spinach
    mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
    out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream.

Yield: 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts

• One serving:
    • 1 piece with 1 tablespoon sour cream

• Calories: 278; Fat: 12g; Saturated fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 22mg; Sodium: 659g; Carbohydrate: 26g
    • Fiber: 2g; Protein: 17g; Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch

Recipe source: Taste of Home….Healthy Cooking Magazine, April/May 2009, submitted by April Milner of Dearborn Michigan.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Spinach-Swiss-Quiche

Spinach Swiss Quiche (TNT) Exps42487_HC1442843D61A

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 am