Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Green Eggs and Ham (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Green Eggs and Ham (TNT) Empty Green Eggs and Ham (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri May 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi...
    Well of course I had to try this recipe just because of the name! Well, let me tell you, it was delish!! I made up the hard boiled eggs the day before so the rest of the recipe was easy to put together. One suggestion I have is to use more ham...1/4 cup just didn't seem like enough for me, so I used about 3/4 to 1 cup. If nothing else you might also have to try it just for the name!!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Green Eggs and Ham

3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
    6 hard-cooked eggs, halved
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
    1 tablespoon sliced green onion

CHEESE SAUCE:
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1-1/4 cups milk
    Dash salt and paprika
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer broccoli and eggs. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ham and onions; spread over eggs. In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk, salt and paprika; cook and stir until boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.

Recipe source: ALIA Cooking Corner yahoo group, submitted by Dorie.

PEG’S NOTE:
    One suggestion I have is to use more ham...1/4 cup just didn't seem like enough for me, so I used about 3/4 to 1 cup.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:47 am