Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Swiss Steak Casserole (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Swiss Steak Casserole (TNT) Empty Swiss Steak Casserole (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:57 am

Hi...

This is really good....kind of like a stew.

I made a few changes .... I used pearl onions in a jar instead of the frozen pearl onions (I couldn't find them) and I only used 4 large carrors instead of 8 medium size carrots.

Swiss Steak Casserole

Servings: 6 servings (1 cup each)

Prep: 20 mins

Total: 2 hrs 5 mins

Ingredients

3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 pound boneless beef round steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 cups sliced mushrooms

1 cup frozen pearl onions

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

4 cups sliced carrots (8 medium)

1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained (14.5 ounces)

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add steak; toss to coat. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add steak, reserving remaining flour mixture; brown steak on all sides. Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2-quart casserole.

2. To same skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until browned; add to casserole. Add carrots, tomatoes and reserved flour mixture; mix well.

3. Cover casserole. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes or until meat and vegetables are fork-tender.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~
    Recipe source: Betty Crocker Pillsbury Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Rhonda G in Missouri

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:37 pm