Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Sunshine Chicken-Rice (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Sunshine Chicken-Rice (TNT) Empty Sunshine Chicken-Rice (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:07 pm

This is a really good recipe...the orange juice adds a really great flavor to the chicken and rice. I used instant brown rice instead of white rice, so I cooked it about 12-15 minutes instead of the 8 minutes stated in the recipe.
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

SUNSHINE CHICKEN-RICE

1 2/3 cups thinly sliced carrots
    2 tbsp. butter
    1/4 cup sliced onion
    1 1/3 cups orange juice
    2/3 cup water
    2 tbsp. sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp. grated orange rind
    1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
    1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
    1 1/3 cups uncooked Minute Rice

Saute carrots in butter in large skillet until carrots are almost tender, turning frequently.

Add onion and saute until onion is lightly browned.

Add remaining ingredients except chicken and rice. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and Minute Rice, right from the box. Cover; simmer 8 minutes.

Recipe source: Frugal Friends in the Kitchen yahoo group, submitted by Kristin.

PEG’S Note:
    I used instant brown rice instead of white rice…I just cooked it a little longer (about 12-15 minutes instead of the 8 minutes stated in the recipe).

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm