Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

+4
ctc
junebugg
Texas_Dawn
NYBonnieBlue54
8 posters

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!!

NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female
    Number of posts : 16465
    Job/hobbies : right now...paintin' and crochetin'...been an HHH member since 11-13-2005
    Humor : laugh and people will laugh with you...maybe...they may be laughin' at you...who knows, who cares...laugh
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Empty Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!!

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:23 pm

OK...I know that some of you don't crochet...I've decided to put in one crochet and one crafty ornie about every 3 days...I think we're gonna have a ball...I'll do my best to help with any problems or questions...some of these I'll put in the site so you can get to any templates they may have....ARE WE READY????....Here we go ladies!....

I'm editing this thread to give you a pattern just like the ones I used to make..here goes!Granny Square Stocking Ornament Crochet Pattern

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crochet-stocking-christmas-ornament

Christmas will be here before we know it and I’m behind on getting holiday crafts made. This little Christmas ornament (that also serves as a neat little treat holder) is one of my favorite things to crochet when I was a kid. I remember spending an afternoon crocheting the Christmas stockings to cover our entire tree.

I made this crocheted stocking/bootie ornament out of muted, almost vintage looking, yarns in traditional holiday colors of red, green, and cream, but feel free to change out the colors to fit your Christmas tree’s theme. The stockings can also be stuffed with a candy cane and used to decorate a Christmas gift.

Free Crochet Pattern – Granny Square Christmas Stocking Ornament / Treat Holder

The granny square stocking ornament is composed of a starting loop to which I add three rounds of crochet. The fourth and final round is to create the hanging loop, as well as sewing up the side seam, which also outlines the bootie with an accent color.

• Hook Size: G/6 (4.25MM)
    • Yarn: Worsted Weight, 4-Ply in three colors. Great use for scrap yarn since very little is needed to make the Christmas stocking.
    • Finished Size: Stocking is approximately 4.5 inches tall.

Create starting loop (red yarn):

Chain 4, slip stitch into first chain to form a small loop.

Round 1 (red yarn):

• Chain 3, this will serve as your first double chain (dc), dc two more times in the loop for a total of 3 dc.
    • *Chain 1, 3 dc in loop.
    • *Repeat two additional times.
    • Chain 1 and slip stitch into top of the original chain 3 stitch that started this round. You’ll see that the chain 1 spaces form the four corners of the granny square.

• Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crochet-round-1

• Round 2 (green yarn):

• Starting in the opposite corner from where you tied off the red yarn. Attach your yarn in the chain 1 space from previous round. Chain 3 (to serve as first dc), then dc two more times in the same chain 1 space. Chain 1.
      • *In next chain 1 space — 3 dc, chain 1, 3 dc, chain 1.
      • *Repeat two additional times.
      • In the beginning corner chain 1 space, 3 dc, chain 1, slip stitch into top of the original chain 3 stitch that started this round. Tie off green yarn.

• Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crochet-round-2

• Round 3 (white/cream yarn):

• Starting in the opposite corner from where you tied off the green yarn. Attach your yarn in the chain 1 space from previous round. Chain 3 (to serve as first dc), then dc two more times in the same chain 1 space. Chain 1.
        • In next chain 1 space — 3 dc, chain 1.
        • In next chain 1 space (corner) — 3 dc, chain 1, 3 dc, chain 1.
        • In next chain 1 space (corner) — 3 dc, chain 1, 3 treble-chains (tc).
        • tc in each of next 3 dc.
        • In next chain 1 space — 10 tc.
        • tc in next 3 dc
        • In next chain 1 space (corner) — 3 tc, chain 1, 3 dc, chain 1.
        • In next chain 1 space (starting corner), 3 dc, chain 1 and slip stitch in top of beginning chain 3. Tie off white yarn.

If you fold your granny square in half, you’ll see that it now resembles a boot shape. The final step is to create the loop and sew up the side/bottom seams.

• Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crochet-round-3

• Round 4 (red yarn):

Lay the granny square flat with top side facing you. The treble chains should be at the bottom of the granny square you’re viewing. Attach the red yarn in the upper right corner’s chain 1 space.

• Single chain (sc) in the top of each dc across this side of the granny square. Place one sc in the chain 1 space. End when you reach the upper left corner of the granny square, placing your final sc in the corner’s chain 1 space.
        • Chain 10. This will form the loop for hanging the ornament.
        • With the granny square folded in half to form the bootie, place hook through the chain 1 space of both side’s of the granny square and slip stitch to attach the loop.
        • Place hook in top of next dc (or tc when you reach the bottom) of both side’s of granny square and sc to sew up the seam. Continue down the side placing one sc in each stitch, always going through both layers of the granny square. When you come to a chain 1 space, place one sc in the space. Continue until you reach the point of the boot, then tie off yarn.

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crochet-round-4

Hang Your Crocheted Stocking (and fill with treats!)

Your crocheted christmas ornament is now complete and ready for hanging on your

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crochet-christmas-ornament

The ornament is the perfect size for stuffing with a small candy cane or other wrapped treat

[/size][/size]
    this next one is a website...you'll need a template...here goes! These are adorable!

http://www.marthastewart.com/273608/candy-cane-mice
    [/size]

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! 1

Christmas Ball 7 Ornament

MATERIALS:
    Size I hook
    2 colors 4 ply worsted weight yarn,
    fiberfill

SIZE: 4" across

DIRECTIONS: (Make 2)

With Color A, ch 4, join to form ring.

Round 1: Ch 1, 15 sc in ring, end off. (16 sc)

Round 2: Join Color B into any st, ch 3, 2 dc in next st, * dc in next st, 2 dc in next st*, repeat * around, join to top of beg. ch 3, end off. (24 dc)

Round 3: Join Color A into any st, ch 2, 2 hdc in next st *hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st*, repeat * around, join to top of beg. ch2, end off. (36 hdc)

Round 4: Join Color B into any st, ch 2, hdc in each st around, join to top of beg. ch 2, end off (36 hdc)

FINISHING: Join Color A through 1 st in each piece, ch 1, sc the two pieces together. Stop before completing final 2 sc and stuff the ball with fiberfill. Complete final 2 sc and join to beg ch 1 st. Ch 16 and join to beg ch 1 st (to make loop), end off.

and your second crafty ornie!...here's the site and pattern

http://spoonful.com/christmas/christmas-decorations/sparkling-ice-crystals/1805

HERE'S SOME MORE NEW ONES LADIES!!!

Holiday Bells

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! HolidaybellsMaterials needed:
    Red Heart, worsted weight yarn (Christmas colors)
    Size F hook

Finishing Materials:
    1 Jingle bell
    1/3 (3/8" wide) ribbon (contrasting color)
    Tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)

Finished Size: 2 /12" T x 3 /14" in dia.
    Gauge: Not important to over all size

Skill Level: Medium - Advanced

Special Stitches:
    Fpdc: yo, insert hook around the dc post in the previous rnd, from the front around to the back, and then to the front, pull up a lp, (yo, draw through 2 lps on hook) twice to complete the st.

Bell:

Rnd 1) Ch 4; join with a sl st in first ch to form a ring. Ch 3 (counts as first dc), (9 dc) in ring; join with a sl st to first dc (3rd ch of beg ch 3): 10 dc.
    Rnd 2) Sl st around dc post; ch 3 (counts as beg dc post), dc bet next 2 dc; * fpdc around next dc post see special sts, dc bet next 2 dc; rep from * around; join with a sl st to first dc (3rd ch of beg ch 3): 20 sts.
    Rnds 3-6) Sl st around dc post; ch 3; * fpdc around next dc post; rep from * around; join with a sl st to first dc (3rd ch of beg dc): 20 sts.
    Rnd 7) Sl st bet next 2 dc; (ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, sk next 2 dc; * (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) bet next 2 dc, sk next 2 dc; rep from * around; join with a sl st to first dc (3rd ch of beg ch 3): 10 shells.
    Finishing:
    Clip an extra length of yarn (contrasting color) approx. 6". Thread tapestry needle with yarn and thread through top of jingle bell. Suspend jingle bell to the inside top of bell, by pulling ends of yarn through the top of bell (rnd 1), using tapestry needle. Tie ends into a square knot, then into a bow at center top of bell, dab with glue to secure. Tie the ends into a square knot about 2" from the bell for a hanging loop, clip ends close. Weave ribbon length through rnd 6 of bell starting at center front (where bow is); tie into a bow at center front, aligning with the ribbon bow. Trim ends.

here's your crafty site!

http://www.allfreechristmascrafts.com/Christmas-Ornament-Crafts/Toilet-Roll-Flower-Ornament/ct/1

let's put our ornies in a bag....here goes!!
    Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Christmasornamentbagpix
    MATERIALS:
    Softelle Christmas Yarn (similar to Red Heart Super Saver)
    Hook Size G
    Yarn Needle

Stitches: ch, sc.

Difficulty: EASY/MEDIUM

R1: Ch40. Sc in the hump of 2nd ch from hook. Sc in the hump of ea rem ch. (39sc)

R2. Ch1, turn. Sc in ea sc.

Rs3-24: Ch5, turn. Sc in ea sc.

Rs 25-26: Rep R2.

Fasten Off.

FINISHING: Fold piece with row ends tog. Using a yarn needle and the same yarn, whip stitch the corresponding stitches tog to join each side. Once both sides are sewn up, turn the bag inside out.

TIE STRING: Make a chain approximately 24" long. Sc in the hump of the 2nd ch from the hook. Sc in the hump of ea rem ch.

Weave the tie string through the chain 5 loops and tie a bow.

and your site for your crafty ornie is.....

http://www.allfreechristmascrafts.com/Christmas-Ornament-Crafts/CD-Ornaments-with-Beads

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! 1

Crocheted Penguin Ornament

MATERIALS:
    Kreinik Medium (#16) Braid 005HL Black Hi Lustre (2 spools)
    100 White (1)
    033 Royal blue (1)
    091 Star Yellow (1)
    and 094 Star Blue (1)

Stuffing
    Crochet hook C

Instructions:

Begin at the top of the head with 005HL Black Braid. Chain 2.

Rnd 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook

Rnd 2: inc every sc (12)

Rnd 3: sc in each sc around

Rnd 4: inc in every 4th sc (15)

Rnds 5-7: sc in each sc around

Rnd 8: inc in every sc (30)

Rnds 9-14: sc in each sc around

Rnd 15: (3 sc, dec) around (24)

Rnd 16: (2 sc, dec) around (18), stuff.

Rnd 17: (sc, dec) around (12)

Rnd 18: dec around, end, draw rem sts tog

Stomach use 100 White Braid. Ch 4.

Row 1: sc in 2nd and each rem ch (3). Ch 1, turn.

Rows 2 & 3: inc at beg and end of row (7). Ch 1, turn.

Rows 4-6: sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.

Rows 7 & 8: dec beg and end of row (3). Ch 1, turn - end off after row 8. Sew in place.

Wing (make 2) with 005HL Black Braid. Ch 2.

Rnd 2: inc in every sc (12)

Rnds 3 & 4: sc in each sc around, end, do not stuff. Sew rnd 4 flat, sew in place with rnd 4 facing toward back of penguin.

Bow tie with 033 Royal Blue Braid. Ch 4.

Row 1: sc in 2nd and each rem ch (3). Ch 1, turn.

Rows 2-5: sc in each sc across, ch 1, turn. End after row 5. Wrap blue Braid tightly around center to shape tie. Sew in place.

Embroider French Knot eyes with 094 Star Blue.

Beak: use 091 Star Yellow. Ch 2.

Rnds 2 & 3: sc in each sc around, end. Sew in place.

Use a length of yellow to make an ornament hanger

and your site for your crafty ornie is....
    http://www.thatartistwoman.org/2011/12/how-to-make-christmas-birdhouse.html

Last edited by NYBonnieBlue54 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 am; edited 6 times in total

3. Henry's blanket...2024 
    4. 5D diamond paintings....any kind...done
    5. work on Christmas gifts
    6. make some keyrings
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 40942
    Job/hobbies : Quilting, Crochet, Fishing Joined HHH 5/2/2004
    Humor : Yes, humor...
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Empty Re: Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!!

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:40 pm

I am all over this right now... oh wait... here the flip are all those G hooks???

Finished UFOs in 2020: 73
    Finished UFOs in 2021: 67
    Finished UFOs in 2022: 132
    Finished UFOs in 2023: 2
    junebugg
    junebugg

Female
    Number of posts : 7386
    Job/hobbies : Wood,sewing, scrapbooking, general crafts of all kinds...joined HHH/3/25/2007
    Registration date : 2008-12-14

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Empty Re: Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!!

Post by junebugg Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Bonnie, I put a pot of coffee on, do you think you could pick Dawn up and head out to Oregon? I love to have you guys next to me guiding me as I do this...I have been on you tube learning to do flowers, I am getting pretty good at watching, pausing and crocheting, so I think I could follow you....pretty please~ Smile
    NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female
    Job/hobbies : right now...paintin' and crochetin'...been an HHH member since 11-13-2005
    Humor : laugh and people will laugh with you...maybe...they may be laughin' at you...who knows, who cares...laugh

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 pm

sure...just got my GPS a couple of days ago...now I can find everyone!!!...wouldn't that be a blast!!!

6. make some keyrings
    junebugg
    junebugg

Female
    Job/hobbies : Wood,sewing, scrapbooking, general crafts of all kinds...joined HHH/3/25/2007

Post by junebugg Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Yes, while you were here visiting, I could show you around the sites of Oregon, and yes we could make a trip to the coast!
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Oh and I could do a story on the whole trip!

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:40 pm

OK, I got sidetracked with a movie on TV and I had to make it twice. I really have a serious trouble following directions LOL! I may give it a third try just so I can have a pair Wink

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:38 pm

OK I rewrote it just to make it easier for me to follow I left round 3 as it was BUT I am added in a different color how I did it to make it work for me.

Christmas Stocking Ornament

Materials:
    Small amount of 4 ply worsted weight red, green, white, and/or Christmas variegated (depends on if you want

different colors or one color stocking)
    Any size hook G through I
    Ornament Hanger Instructions are for one color

Chain 5, join with slip stitch to form loop.

Round1: Ch 3, 2 dbl, ch 3; 4 times sl st in top of ch 3. (Finish off.)

Round 2: Ch 4 (counts as dl and ch1);
    *3 dbl, ch 3, 3 dbl in next ch 3 sp, ch 1* repeat from * to * 4 times;
    3 dbl, ch 3, 2 dbl, sl st in 3rd ch of ch 4.

Round 3: Ch 3, 2 dbl, ch 1;
    *3 dbl, ch 3, 3 dbl in next ch 3 sp, ch 1, 3 dbl in ch 1 sp, ch 1*
    repeat from * to * 4 times;
    3 dbl, ch 3, 3 dbl, sl st in top of ch 3. Finish off.

In each ch 3 space: 3 dbl, chain one, 3 dbl chain one

In each cha 1 space: 3 dbl, chain one.

Fold in half so that one point is the tip of the stocking. Join with sc in both loops of stocking tip and up side

(28 sc). Sc in each stitch around top of stocking (13 sc). Join with sl st to last sc before going around top, ch

5, join with sl st to last sl st made (makes loop for ornament hanger). Finish off.

I chained 8 for the hanger just because I liked the way it looked better.

Note: If using more than one color, for stocking edge, use the Christmas variegated

Followng it this way, my finished stocking looks more like the picture.

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Awww it cut it off on one side Sad

Ok these are my ornaments. From left to right: First, second and third attempt.

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Dscf4111

First: I ony show this one because it is proof of why one should not try a new pattern while tired and watching a movie at the same time, LOL!

Second: Better BUT I really had trouble with round 3. It just did not compute in my wittle brain.

Third: Decided to try it without the TV on and after I had some sleep. Round 3 still did not compute for me so I rewrote it again (in my head this time) and it at least resembles the picture and looks like stocking Smile

Lesson of the day? Dawn should not try multi-tasking when tired Wink

junebugg
    junebugg

Female

Post by junebugg Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:55 pm

Ok, going to walmart later and buying some varigated yarn, going to try to figure this out after looking at Dawn's i kinda see the pattern flow....Wish me luck...
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:01 am

I have to break down patterns to easier to follow steps all the time. Just makes it easier for my brain to process without information overload sometimes.

NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:10 am

you know I just read and reread this pattern...you really don't have to finish off each row...it's a granny square and when you fold it and fold down the open edge it will look like a stockin'...and row three should read 3 times...not 4...it can get very confusin' even tho it's an easy pattern...sorry...first screw up and I promise there will be more...but that's how we learn....sure wish I could edit my original post

6. make some keyrings
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:13 am

Well the finishing off is those using a different color for each row. Hopefully you should be able to edit the first post now?

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:14 am

And I must add.. you are doing great Smile

NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:23 am

I just found another pattern that explains this better...should I just change the patterns?....I think that would be for the best

6. make some keyrings
    NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:37 am

sorry if I messed up anyones project...but I did mine and it was all screwed up...it just doesn't look right...I promise I will test these to try not to mess up again

6. make some keyrings

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:14 am

i'm still learning how to do this and my mom isn't the best. i can't even go on youtube! my mom said it will wast our minutes. Sad
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:26 am

Bonnie, thank you for letting me know that it was not just me on that other pattern. I will try the new one right after dinner.

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 am

Here is the one I just made with the new pattern:

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Dscf4112

I had to use Americana varigate as I used up the last of The Christmas Varigated. However, I had no trouble with this pattern Smile Thank you sooo much Bonnie for your help and for letting me know it was not me with that other pattern Smile

ctc
    ctc
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 38610
    Job/hobbies : Respiratory Therapist. I quilt, sew, scrapbook, embroider, crochet

Post by ctc Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:07 am

Wow, I'm gone for the day and look at all I missed! I even bought some red yarn today so I could work on this! Will attempt to work on it tomorrow night. Bonnie I think your doing a great job! keep up the great work!

Currently working on:
        1. Lap quilt for Nanny 2 .Christmas ornaments 3. summer bell pull 
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:11 am

OMG!!! I do not have any red or Christmas green yarn!!??? I was going to make a couple of sets and I have no yarn!!!???? But I really love this pattern and want to make more.

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:22 am

By the way, I just noticed (while digging for more yarn) that I made all of mine with Peaches and Cream. Dang it, one day I will learn to read ALL the directions, LOL!!!

NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 am

have you ladies checked out the crafty site I put in...those are soooo cute...I can't get to it right away but I'll get a bunch of stuff done this month

6. make some keyrings
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

I had to email myself the link so I could check it from work. No printer at home Sad

junebugg
    junebugg

Female

Post by junebugg Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 am

I really tried but as hard as I try it doesn't look like a stocking...going to try again...practice makes perfect right???

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! 20120702164709
    ctc
    ctc
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Job/hobbies : Respiratory Therapist. I quilt, sew, scrapbook, embroider, crochet

Post by ctc Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 am

ok, I didn't get to this tonight and I think I might skip this one, if you all are having this much trouble with it and you crochet all the time, guess what I'd have? A big fat mess! But! I do have some red yarn for the next one! I need to save the other one, cause I need to make one of those mice for my mom, and it looks like it's made out of that foam stuff which I don't have any of.

Currently working on:
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Val, are you using the new pattern that Bonnie posted? If so I think I see what happened:
    In the one space you do 3tc in each single chain space. It feels really weird and bulky but once folded in half it all falls into place.
    Now if you are using the orginal pattern... It was declared BAD and that is why she posted a new pattern.

Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 pm

ctc, only this first pattern was trouble. The one Bonnie posted now is a breeze! My only trouble is that I ran out of yarn! LOL!!!

junebugg
    junebugg

Female

Post by junebugg Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Dawn, Yes I followed her newest pattern... I figured I messed it up some where Smile but I did try to follow ...but my problem is I know how to make the stitches, just not sure with reading and understanding patterns. The lady that was teaching me died of cancer before she could teach me that.. but I figure now that I have time (retired) I will eventally learn. I just wanted to show you all I was trying....but this isn't my strong craft...I hope others will give it a try...that is what I like about this post.....someone is there to help...so I will give it another try in the morning...thanks for the encourgement!
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:03 pm

ACK! Val! I am sorry, I was so sleepy last night after work. The step where it says 3tc in the single crochet space - I meant you should put 10 3tc there. That is the part that really helps build the toe part of the stocking.
    You are very close, so you are really doing great. If you do not understand a part of the instructions, hollar, Bonnie or I will be here to help. I have to break down instructions for myself and more so for my husband all the time. He can do most stitches but cannot read a pattern.

joanneb63

Female
    Number of posts : 4997
    Job/hobbies : Crafting

Post by joanneb63 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:59 am

I love those little mice!Going to try to make some with Jayden.She will love it.I actually think I have the pattern enlarged and printed out and in a folder here somewhere,just need to hunt for it.
    Love the little stockings ladies you are all doing a great job.
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:06 am

Flip!!! I forgot about the other pattern! It says to use felt but but I only have one color in felt - blue, LOL. So I am going to see about trying it with other fabric and maybe quilting it a little to make it stiffer? Or I may just break down and buy some felt LOL!

NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 pm

I think I'm gonna give y'all another day or two with these 2 patterns...don't want too much confusion....

Val...you may just have to puff out the bottom of the stockin'...just try to shape it...as long as you followed the pattern...it will work for ya

6. make some keyrings
    ctc
    ctc
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by ctc Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:45 pm

It said felt? Geesh!! I have some gray felt left over from the last mouse I made! Awesome!

Currently working on:
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:08 am

Lucky!!! I may end up with blue mice LOL

lhgoudie
    lhgoudie
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 7819
    Job/hobbies : Reading, writing, crochet.

Post by lhgoudie Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 am

Oooh, you should come to my house! My mom is moving and she dropped off a huuuuuge box of craft supplies that she can't use. So, Patricia and I have a bunch of felt to make these. We'll probably start them when I finish work.

Life is more than just how many breaths you take; but the moments that take your breath away...

UFO's Finished

2022 - 57
    2023 - 157
    2024 - 20
    Sierra
    Sierra
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 3641
    Job/hobbies : Retired English, Music, and Art Teacher *****Member in HHH Since 3/11/2007*****
    Humor : Funny is as funny does!
    Registration date : 2008-10-18

Post by Sierra Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:50 am

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crocheted-Santa-Boot-1

Here's my first try. But I must be honest. I'm not good at reading those pattern instructions. My eyes tend to jump from one place to the other and I get lost. So I just looked at the pictures and imitated what I saw.

Sierra Wink

Last edited by Sierra on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·::·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️Sierra♥️:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️:::·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️
    Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! ANGEL_23
    ♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·::·.♥️.·:The most important human right is the right to dream.·.♥️:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️

♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·::·.♥️.·:UFO's Pending:·.♥️:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️
    1. Canesu (Complete) 2. Spider Stitch Shawl    3. crocheted blouse   4.Beaded crocheted handbag   

ctc
    ctc
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by ctc Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:20 am

Great job Sierra!!

Currently working on:
    NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 am

I love these patterns!!!...are you ladies havin' fun yet?....do you want another pattern yet?

6. make some keyrings
    Texas_Dawn
    Texas_Dawn
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Texas_Dawn Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am

Great job Sierra!!!

Sierra
    Sierra
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Job/hobbies : Retired English, Music, and Art Teacher *****Member in HHH Since 3/11/2007*****

Post by Sierra Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 am

This is the second Santa boot I crochet. I think it came out better than my previous one because I applied the treble crochet stitches which I did not do in my first one because I didn't bother to look at the instructions. I only observed the pictures. This time I saw that it was supposed to be treble crochet at the bottom, though I did it from memory. I also inverted the white & green colors.

Sierra I love you

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Crocheted-Santa-Boot-2-B

♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·::·.♥️.·:The most important human right is the right to dream.·.♥️:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️.·:*:·.♥️

1. Canesu (Complete) 2. Spider Stitch Shawl    3. crocheted blouse   4.Beaded crocheted handbag   

ctc
    ctc
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by ctc Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:58 am

Cute!

Currently working on:
    NYBonnieBlue54
    NYBonnieBlue54

Female

Post by NYBonnieBlue54 Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 pm

2 new patterns put in....they're really cute too!....have fun!

6. make some keyrings
    Pixie
    Pixie
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 24545
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Post by Pixie Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 pm

You don't have to do red, green, and white.....try white and blue or maybe a tan, rust, and brown......all red, or all white You girls are doing good!!!
    Sierra
    Sierra
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post by Sierra Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 am

Christmas in July!...Let's make some ornies!!! Three-crocheted-santa-boots-2

The middle boot is the third one I crochet. I had a hard time crocheting it trying not to use my hurt right middle finger.

Sierra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am