Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Foil Pack Taco Dinner (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Foil Pack Taco Dinner (TNT) Empty Foil Pack Taco Dinner (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 am

Hi...
    I made these packets for dinner this past Thursday...our sons come over every Thursday for dinner and some family time! These packets were a real hit...very tasty! My hubby and I cookout every Friday evening and often have packet meals..this is another we could add to the list! This recipe called for baking in the oven, but I am sure it would be just fine on the grill!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Foil Pack Taco Dinner (healthy)

Makes 4 servings, 8 ozs (232 g) each

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes

Nutritional Profile: Diabetes appropriate, Low calorie, Low fat, Low cholesterol, Low sodium, Low carbohydrate, Heart healthy, Healthy weight

Ingredients:

4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 lb (455 g) total weight

4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix

1/2 lb (225 g) red potatoes (about 2), peeled & thinly sliced

1 cup Kraft® Tex Mex Shredded Cheese

1/2 cup salsa

1/4 cup sour cream

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.

2. Sprinkle the chicken with the taco seasoning mix. Place 1/4 of the potatoes on the centre of each of 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil wrap. Top the potatoes with a piece of chicken, followed with 1/4 each of the cheese & salsa.

3. Fold the foil wrap around each portion to make 4 packets, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place the 4 packets on a baking sheet.

4. Bake in the preheated 400ºF oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the chicken is done (when inserting an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken registers 170ºF).

5. Allow the chicken packets to cool for 5 minutes. Then, cut slits in the foil to release the steam before opening the packets. Top each serving with sour cream.

KRAFT KITCHEN TIPS:

EASY CLEANUP: Because the cooking is done in the foil packets, there's little to clean up.

MAKE AHEAD TIP: Assemble the packets as directed. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours, then bake as directed above, increasing the baking time to 40 minutes.

NOTE: To prevent the potatoes from sticking to the foil, spray the foil with cooking spray before using. Or use non-stick foil wrap.

Recipe source: Exchanging Recipes yahoo group, submitted by Bernice Raben.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:05 am