Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup ((TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup ((TNT) Empty Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup ((TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:19 am

Hi---
    I have some more yummy recipes for you all! This soup is really good and very healthy for you too! It's a little different, but I really liked it .... probably more because I knew I was eating healthy!
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup
    Author: Tara Noland
    Recipe type: Soup
    Prep time: 15 mins
    Cook time: 50 mins
    Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
    Serves: 4
    This is where healthy and tasting great meet!!
    Ingredients
    1 very large sweet potato
    1/2 large sweet onion, diced
    2 carrots, diced
    1 large clove garlic, minced
    3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
    Sea salt and pepper to taste
    900 ml. chicken or vegetable stock (2 15-oz. cans)
    1 cup cooked quinoa
    1/2 cup Panko crumbs
    1 Tbsp. butter
    1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
    Parsley for garnish
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 400F. Peel and large dice sweet potato. Place sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 min. In a large pot saute onion, garlic and carrot in the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil until tender. Add potato to the onion mixture and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20-30 min. until all vegetables are completely tender. With a hand blender or standup blender mix until pureed. Adjust seasoning. Add quinoa and reheat.
    For the panko topping, melt the butter in a small fry pan and add the panko and cook until lightly browned. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
    Top each bowl of soup with the panko crumbs and garnish with the parsley.

Recipe source: http://noshingwiththenolands.com/roasted-sweet-potato-and-quinoa-soup/

Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup ((TNT) August-008-844x1024

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:20 pm