Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Frozen sandwich cookies (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Frozen sandwich cookies (TNT) Empty Frozen sandwich cookies (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:02 am

Frozen Sandwich Cookies Recipe
    It takes only three ingredients to make these chilled sandwich cookies with a pretty pink filling. —Mary Ann Irvine, Lombard, Illinois TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings 
    Ingredients
    1/2 cup spreadable strawberry cream cheese 
    1/4 cup strawberry yogurt 
    16 chocolate wafers 
    Directions
    1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt until blended. Spread on bottoms of half of the chocolate wafers; top with remaining wafers. Place on a baking sheet. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm. Serve or wrap in plastic wrap and return to freezer for serving later. Yield: 8 sandwich cookies. 
    Frozen Sandwich Cookies

Frozen Sandwich Cookies

It takes only three ingredients to make these chilled sandwich cookies with a pretty pink filling. —Mary Ann Irv...
    [size]
    [/size]

I am also including the recipe I used to make my own chocolate wafer cookies….it was hard finding the chocolate wafer cookies and when I did they were too expensive for me….so I found a recipe and made my own!!---Peg

Homemade Chocolate Wafers 
    Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
    Yield: 4+ dozen cookies
    1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature 
    3/4 cup sugar 
    1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar 
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
    1 cup all-purpose flour 
    3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder 
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
    1/4 teaspoon salt 
    1/4 cup milk
    In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
    Combine the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until incorporated. Pour in the milk and mix until just combined.
    Transfer the dough to a clean workspace and form into two 1+1/2-inch logs. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
    When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat. Use a serrated knife to slice the cookie dough into 1/8-inch discs, working with one log at a time and keeping the other in the fridge until ready to slice and bake. Place the discs on the prepared baking sheets.
    Bake for 8 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. Allow the cookies to cool on the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
    Recipe Note: These cookies can be frozen.
    Source: Adapted from Zoe Bakes
    DIY Homemade Chocolate Wafers

DIY Homemade Chocolate Wafers

[size]
    [/size]

NOTE FROM PEG--
    The dough never got stiff enough to roll into a log….so I just rolled into balls and then flattened with a glass dipped into a little sugar and then baked. Worked great!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 pm