Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Pierogi Casserole (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Pierogi Casserole (TNT) Empty Pierogi Casserole (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:11 am

Hi-
    This is a really good dish....we had it a few nights ago and we thought it was really good. It was nice to have a break from a meat dish for a change. I served it with a nice tossed salad.
    hugs,
    peg

Pierogi Casserole
    9 no cook lasagna noodles *
    2 cups cottage cheese
    2 egg whites
    1/2 tsp. onion powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    2 cups mashed potatoes
    1 large onion, chopped
    Spray a 9x13x2-inch pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with 3 lasagna noodles. In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, egg whites, salt and onion powder together. Spread over noodles. Cover with another layer of noodles.
    In the same bowl, mix cheddar cheese with the potatoes. Spread over noodles.
    Coat a skillet with vegetable spray and saute onion until transparent and soft.
    Spread onions over noodles. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes in a 350 oven. Let casserole stand 10 minutes before serving.
    * I found that the noodles were still a little tough...I think next time I might try with regular cooked lasagna noodles. (Peg)

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am