Happy Holidays

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Happy Holidays

Welcome to Happy Holiday House... We hope you enjoy the talent and friendship here. You will find art in many forms… simple crafts, crochet, knit, quilts, stories, poems, photos, and recipes from our talented members.

Lentil Salad (TNT)

pstarkoski
    pstarkoski
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 13431
    Job/hobbies : crafts and cooking
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Lentil Salad (TNT) Empty Lentil Salad (TNT)

Post by pstarkoski Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:28 am

Hi...
    I served this for dinner tonight along with the Mennonite Crockpot Pork Chops...This salad is really good...lots of great flavors! I couldn't find canned lentils, so I used the dry lentils I had at home...I cooked about a cup of dry lentils in water in a saucepan for about 45-60 minutes or until tender....the 1 cup of dry lentils made up a little more than 2 cups of cooked lentils..
    Enjoy!
    hugs,
    peg

Lentil Salad
    2 (15 ounce) cans brown lentils
    1 cup crumbled feta cheese
    1/2 (16 ounce) bottle Greek, or other vinaigrette salad dressing
    1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
    1 beefsteak tomato, diced
    1 large red onion, diced
    Strain lentils and place in a large bowl. Pour in 1/2 of the salad dressing, and stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator while preparing other vegetables. Add feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, and red onion. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
    Stir in remaining dressing when ready to serve. May be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Dorie

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DelectableDesserts/

Recipe source: Recipe_Swap yahoo group, submitted by Dorie

PEG’S NOTE:
    I couldn’t find lentils in a can, so I just cooked up 1 cup of dry lentils…cooked for about 45 to 60 minutes and then drained. This makes about 2 cups of cooked lentils.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:35 am